Modern-day Bahamian Pirates are coming to Harbour Island June 30 – July 1, 2017. These are not plunderers of ships laden with gold, silver, weapons, rum or other valuables – they come with good intentions and lots of fun!
The weekend-long event kicks off on Friday, June 30th at Valentines Resort & Marina with the Crow’s Nest Mix Mingle Happy Hour.
- Time: 6pm – 10pm
- Featured Cuban Cigar Roller @ $35 per cigar (pre-orders are recommended, due to high demand starting at 5:30pm with any of our Reckless Pirates Models)
- Featured Drinks: Pirates Punch, Gully Wash, and Walk the Plank shots
- Featured Appetizers: Conch fritters & conch bites
- Merchandise sales: Reckless Slippers, T-shirts, Mugs, Hats, and more
- Lots of Prizes and Surprises
- Enjoy the sounds of DJ: Jamal Johnson & Reckless DJ’s Rev & Pressure
- Take part in the Walk the Plank shots contest
- 8pm Fashion Design and Model Show featuring Shelly Monique’s resort wear
- 8:30pm Featured Fire Dance Show
- 9pm Fashion Show featuring Jay-Jay Percentie “Prince of Dunmore” Summer 2017
- 9:30pm Bahamian Dance contest
- 10pm Mini-Junkanoo Rush-out with guest participation welcomed – starting at
During the evening, there will be ticket sales for Reckless on the Road with ID band for Saturdays Carnival March @ $35 per person.
Saturday, July 1st is the Reckless Pirates Carnival Road March and Street Party. The parade route will take the party from Valentines Resort south onto South Street, proceeding on Dunmore Street to Duke Street and back around on Bay Street to end back at Valentines.
Along the route
- Walk the Plank “shots”, Gin & Coconut water, Pirates Rum Punch, water
- Rum soaked fruit slices
- DJ Music Jamal Johnson (local), DJ Rev (Reckless) & DJ Pressure
- 4 stops at local establishments
- Light music, Kids corner, live grill while supplies last
After Party – Grill & Chill from 3pm to 6pm at the pool deck at Valentines Resort.
The Reckless Pirates Carnival Band was formed in 2016 by businessmen Obie Roberts and Paul Farquharson Jr. Reckless Pirates seeks to inform, educate and entertain Bahamians and our many foreign visitors on our beautiful, rich 300 year history of piracy in the Bahamas.
For more information about this event call 242-448-4904 or email email@example.com; or contact Valentines Resort on 866-389-686.