FUNKY ROOSTER WEEKEND – Fun for the entire family at Valentines Residences, Resort & Marina, Harbour Island, Bahamas.
Make it a Wild Rooster Weekend for this year’s Thanksgiving Celebration
- Kids Face Painting
- Arts & Crafts for the family
- Pinata filled with goodies.
- Scavenger Hunt
- Thanksgiving Menu
- Drink & Food Specials
- Family Contest for prizes
- Family Fun Junkanoo
Make sure to take advance of one of our many special offers to help get you here! Read all the details in our latest NEWSLETTER.
Unlike some of its sister islands in the Bahamas, Eleuthera’s lure is its simplicity. There is no big business or contrived attractions. The absence of mini-golf, however, does not mean that there is nothing to do with kids in Eleuthera. There is plenty of adventure on this 100-mile long island…from snorkeling with gorgeous schools of fish to jumping into the 600-foot deep landlocked “Ocean Hole.” Here are some of the top things to do in Eleuthera with kids.
- Snorkeling. The water in Eleuthera is breathtakingly clear. The reefs are abundant and close to shore, and the sand below is pinkish-white, makes for really incredible snorkeling. Throw snorkeling gear into the car wherever you go, as there are new reefs and beaches to explore around every corner.
- Surfing. Eleuthera is one of the only islands in the Bahamas that boasts a decent surf break. The Atlantic side of the Island north of James Cistern offers several excellent beaches for surfing, with Surfer’s Beach and Holiday Beach being the most famous. Look for a surf guide for the best tips, such as Bahamas Adventures.
- Sea Glass Collecting. Surfer’s Beach has more sea glass than one can carry. You will find a huge rainbow of colors, along with beautiful shells (which are best just admired and photographed and left for future travelers to enjoy.
- Rock Sound Ocean Hole. Ocean Hole is a 600-foot deep landlocked hole full of friendly fish that claims to have healing waters. The hole is believed to connect to both the Atlantic and Caribbean oceans through underground tunnels. The fish are very used to being fed, so they swim right up to and all around you.
- Lighthouse Beach. Next continue south all the way to the very tip of the island to one of the best beaches in Eleuthera, Lighthouse Beach. The road to the beach is pretty rough and there is nothing down there, so pack a cooler full of food and snacks and get ready for a wonderful day of snorkeling, boogie boarding and exploring.
- Glass Window Bridge. Just above Gregory Town is the Glass Window Bridge. The man-made bridge that is there today replaced a natural bridge that was destroyed by a hurricane. Eleuthera is only about 1-mile wide, and the Glass Window Bridge is the narrowest point of the island, affording pretty cool views of the deep blue of the Atlantic contrasted with the clear aqua of the Caribbean water. Low tide is the best time to visit Glass Window Bridge.
- The Cow & The Bull. Another interesting land formation on Eleuthera Island is The Cow & The Bull about a mile south of the Glass Window Bridge. There are two large boulders, on one side, the boulder looks like a bull with two cows and on the other side, a bull with one cow. Both sets of boulders overlook the sea on both side, and when the weather is inclement and the wind passes through, the result is a roar that sounds like bulls.
- Hatchet Bay Cave. Just south of Surfer’s Beach is Hatchet Bay Cave. The cave is a mile long and filled with stalagmites and stalactites which will take on the appearance of underground cathedrals in your torch light. Centuries-old graffiti of charcoal signatures line the walls. It’s recommended to tour with a cave guide.
- Kayaking. The water is so clear that you can explore the reef from above as well as below.
Valentines Resort & Marina on Harbour Island is offering a Family Focus Special Offer with any 3 night minimum stay through December 15, 2013.
- Kids Eat Free (12 and under)
- Room upgrade from Junior Suite to One Bedroom Suite (with pull out for kids)
- Kids 12 and under stay free
Go to https://blog.valentinesresort.com/bahamas-vacation-packages.php for more information and reservations.